Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Yum! Recipe

It's not like I'm Katherine from Desperate Housewives who would not give out or share a single recipe. And you don't have to be Bree Hodge who had to break in a house just to get it. =)

Actually, the recipe for my carbonara was just from the net (http://www2.kitchenomics.com/cgi-bin/dmk2006/read_recipes.cgi?action=show_recipe&start=0&recipe=159&template=recipe_category&category=Kiddie). For me, this is the easiest and safest amongst the available recipes online. I remember the recipe I tried the first time. It was horrible. It just tasted milk, milk, milk. And the hardest part of it was to force yourself to eat it and convince people that it wasn't that bad and that the taste was tolerable.

By the way, I actually didn't follow strictly the del monte kitchenomics recipe. I made some changes... I doubled the measurement for the pasta, butter and milk. I intended to double the amount of flour as well, but as I've mentioned, I ran of flour. So I guess I was only able to put around 2.5 tbsp. :) Also, for the water, I couldn't remember if I doubled its measurement or not. Hehe. The bacon was 200g rather than 150g. I used PORK broth cube instead of chicken (NOTE: and I didn't double its measurement). And I didn't put any cheese even if I have one whole quick melt cheese in the fridge that I haven't used since I bought it. Hehe. Sure that my mother's nagging routine affected my mood to put cheese. Haha.

Next time I would cook carbonara, I guess I would stick with the pork broth cubes. I'll also put cheese and I might add some canned button mushrooms. :)


The public demand for the recipe is really flattering. Hahaha Public demand talaga?
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pam!:) naks kinacareer ang pagluto ng carbonara a..hahaha

Jean Dempsey said...

Hahaha I'll cook for you someday, Pao. =)