Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leon Guinto corner Estrada

I always tend to tell myself to practice bringing biscuits with me anywhere I go. It’s not to eat them when I get hungry, rather to give them to street children and old peeps who are begging for something, for money.

I don’t really give money to these people when they beg… I just don’t. But, of course, there’s always a point that I pity them whenever I pass by [mostly by old peeps, ‘coz some children tend to be so naughty and makulit that sometimes make me irritable]. That’s why I came up with the biscuit idea although I have not started practicing it. The least I can do and I’ve done a couple of times is to give them the excess foods that I will no longer eat [but are still in good condition… I mean they’re still edible].

I always think of myself as a selfish young lady, but who would have guessed that I gave my two slices of embutido and bought a cup of rice from a nearby carinderia just to give the old lady sitting on the corner of Leon Guinto and Estrada this afternoon?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

there was a kid at the EDSA terminal one time that was so kulitttt i decided to stop over waffle time to buy him a waffle.

you know what he told me when i handed it to him? he said "ayaw ko niyan, gusto ko pera!" the nerve! i told him "kung ayaw mo eh di wag! akin na lang" and then he had to run after me to say that he wanted it after all.

that's why sometimes i don't like helping out people who beg. Cuz nagmamagandang loob ka na nga, ganyan pa sila. :( But then again, not everyone is like that little kid =)

Jean Dempsey said...

hahaha kaya nga mas nakakaawa sakin ang old peeps eh. Kasi ganyang-ganyan yung impression ko sa mga bata--ang arte! hahaha