Monday, December 13, 2010

I'll try to be more sympathetic

Just in time for new year, this would be a great idea for a new year's resolution. I just do hope I could live up to it.

I was able to view a friend's post on depression. Very helpful--either you have depression or you don't. The post talks about helping people in depression. It won't bore you with scientific stuff, but with just practical ways that even a 5-year old kid can do.

When I was reading the "what to say" and "what not to say," I felt like a jerk. The "what not to say" lines are so like my usual "hirit" to everyone. I've always wondered how to be more sympathetic. Believe me, I am well aware of myself and have wondered how can't I be a person who can "console" or "advise" when someone is down. With these simple "what to say" and "what not to say" lines, I am hopeful I could be a better friend.

Now, who is down? Come to mama. I know exactly what to say and not say. =)

1 comments:

ms. choy said...

ahahaha yeah. :)
honestly, i find myself saying those "not to say" statements alot too :P