Sunday, July 10, 2011

A New Fave Cooking Show

I just discovered a new cooking show which easily caught my attention and interest. I'll be honest--it has taken over Quick Fire as my favorite cooking show.

The host of Idol Sa Kusina, the new favorite cooking show of mine on GMA News TV (Sunday Nights), tries a funny act while teaching and demonstrating cooking. But that doesn't really entertain me. What really catches me is the fact that I get to learn something from the show. On the first episode that I was able to watch, which was last week, I learned the process of blanching and the use of baking soda or sodium bicarbonate (Yes, even the scientific name stuck in my mind. See how effective?) to tenderize the meat. What's more, you get the hype that you want to try to cook the gourmet dishes the chef teaches on the show (and eat them afterwards!).

It's really fun you know. You learn. Then every after a dish is cooked, you drool and wish you were part of the audience who gets to taste the dishes taught on every episode.

0 comments: