Sunday, December 14, 2008

experimental mushroom


I was always curious how any other housewives are able to cook an edible mushroom, because I always think nobody, except professional chefs, could really cook an edible mushroom. I mean, at home, whenever my mother cooks mushroom (the one we usually see in Chinese dishes, mother calls it “o-ong”), everyone just ends up chewing it like it was a bubblegum. And just like a bubblegum, one could not really swallow it.

So today, when I got the entire kitchen in my hands because my mother’s not around and that I had to feed my father and brother (Oh yeah, not to get you lost, I’m in the province already. So there are kitchen, sala, huge cable TVs, ref and noisy dogs), I tried to cook something with mushroom for dinner. Well, the plan was just to experiment with the mushroom and just to add it as a “sahog.” But then, due to too much excitement, it turned out that mushroom dominated the dish.

This is really vain, but I’m so proud of myself that I was able to cook an edible mushroom. Uh huh, you got it right. Of course, I just soaked the mushroom in water for almost one and a half hours just like what the other housewives who were able to cook and serve an edible mushroom did. Imma boast this to my mother when she comes back. Hahaha >:)

If you want to cook an edible oriental mushroom too, soak it in water a little longer than one and a half hours for best results, I think.

1 comments:

maychen said...

haha! ^^ pam talaga! ^^ so cute this post! :D