Monday, August 30, 2010

Long Weekend Cooking

I spent the long weekend, basically, doing housechores--managed my laundry and did some cooking.

I made a coffee jelly last night. I was scared that it would not turn into jelly even if I added another spoon of gelatin powder to compensate with the additional half cup I poured into the mixture. Thank God, my coffee jelly became a jelly when I checked on it this morning.

I experimented the recipe I got from the internet. As mentioned, I put more water and jelly powder than what the recipe instructed. Other than that, I also used 3 in 1 coffee instead of instant coffee and added Swiss Miss and lessened the sugar. I got no regrets doing this, because my coffee jelly is still a coffee jelly. The only disappointment I feel is that it didn't look appealing. Don't know if this is because of the cheap gelatin I used or simply because I didn't follow the instructions. Hehe Don't worry I will try to make another coffee jelly on Christmas maybe. And by then, I will follow exactly what instructions says (but I'm not promising). :) Hehehe

Next cooking was just minutes earlier. I made carbonara for dinner. It sucked. Yeah. How I wish I got a dog here to eat the leftovers. Oh well, I just need to deal with it and have it for breakfast tomorrow. Besides, I'm on tipid mode until the weekend.

If you have followed this blog two year ago, I bet you would ask what happened with the carbonara recipe I had before. Since I am lazy lately and I am like living in a matchbox and that there's a ready-made carbonara sauce, I had the carbonara in an instant manner. I tried Del Monte's new carbonara sauce. And I got so disappointed with the result. Not yummy at all. I wish they could make the carbonara sauce as delicious as the recipe in their kitchenomics website.

PS. Sorry, no pictures to post although I did take some. My lousy internet just could not afford to upload pics!

0 comments: