Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Missing Manila

Hola, Amigos! I know it's been quite a while and that I wasn't even able to greet you a happy new 2009. Calm down people, I'm not holding my first entry for this year any longer, 'cause here it goes!

As most of you know, I left Manila on December 8 to face the fact that I'm done with school and that I'm actually, officially an additional burden to this country's unemployment predicament. In effect, I have been, aside from submitting job applications online, joining online contests! So you see, I'm not totally loafing or idle. Besides, I am spending time writing this blog entry. Oh well, I guess this is what you do when you have nothing to do. I remember a cousin who's also into joining contests on the radio when she was unemployed. So it's not just me, people! But I couldn't really conclude that it runs in the blood. Haha. Do you want to know the fruits of this precious labor, if there is any? Remember my last post? Well, that one's an entry to an online contest. And guess what? I actually got something out of it! It's the Silicon Scrapers from Pampered Chef. I haven't gotten the prize yet. And since I think the host or the sponsor of the contest is US-based or somewhere else in this universe, it'll take a long time for me to receive my prize, or worse, might not even be delivered to me. I don't know. I hope not.

Moreover, a friend confessed to me last week that she missed her movie buddy, which happened to be me. And honestly, I miss her too, and our routine of watching movies together, but I miss the cinemas in Manila more. Hehe. Gawd... It's just one thing that I desperately want right now. I want to watch a movie. I want to watch "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," but unfortunately it's still not showing in our province. I want to watch in a cinema with a comfortable chair, with a nice sound system and one that doesn't smell. Oh I suddenly thought of something! An SM is built and is already open in our province, particularly in Carmen, Rosales, a town that's more than an hour away from our city. I'm wondering if it has cinema that shows movies the same time as movies are shown in Manila ('cos we're usually behind the "normal" opening). Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed that I could watch movies like Brad Pitt's or Kate Hudson & Anne Hathaway's Bride Wars or a Zac Efron's Seventeen Again, which is totally a Vanessa Hudgens-free one (How'd you like that? Anything that doesn't have Vanessa Hudgens is a love, I should say.).

1 comments:

ms. choy said...

congrats. ako din di ko pa nakukuha un usb and keychain ko sa ibang contest. baka di na masend sa akin huhuhuhu.