Saturday, January 24, 2009

Too Much To Ask

Just one more day and the whole Chinese community will be celebrating the Year of the Ox, which, I heard on TV, will bring luck to those who are under the Dragon zodiac sign. Count me in!

Actually, even when the year of the Ox hasn't arrived yet, I can already feel the luck on my side! Haha. Woops, I apologize for the exaggeration. Well, it's just that I received an invitation for a job interview for the first time. But I'm not really excited as what my writing seems to imply. The company that responded to my application a couple of days ago is located in Pasig! Just one of the places I never planned to work in. It's quite far for me. And I really find it inconvenient to go to. And I don't imagine myself renting a place there to ease the hassle of commuting. The place just makes me feel like I'm in another world.

In case this company is going to buy me, I'm not really sure that I'm going to let myself be sold. And even when I already know someone there--my old roommate--who's going to be a sure bud, I am still not very confident. And even when the recession is said to worsen as time goes by and that the company looks really desperate to fill in the positions recently left by a bunch of old employees, I will still need a lot of thinking... Unless it doesn't have contract or bond of at least 6 months, meaning I can go anytime I want to and that I can still have hmmm a week of absences (is that what you call it?) and that I could prolong my palamunin days and opt to start work (if ever) on the second half of Feb... That's when I'll have myself be sold.

Haha. Gawd, I'm asking too much, I know.

0 comments: