Monday, April 6, 2009

Mukhang Pera

I am currently reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I've read until chapter two. And while reading the book, I actually thought that I was the one being described when the author was telling in the book about the poor. Mejo swak kasi sa akin yung descriptions, and I feel guilty and, at the same time, sad about my pathetic personality and life. But alas, meron din namang tumugma sa akin na description ng rich. Sabi nga sa book, "it's not how much you make, it's how much you keep." That's so me. At least, being kuripot is not that bad after all. Oha, I am a step closer to being rich. Haha.

I usually highlight the lines from the book that I find significant or just nice. But since I just borrowed the book, I just took note of some of the quotes, which I know I could lose in time. That's why, I am sharing it you guys and maybe remind me of these lines one day.

"My dad used to say, 'if you want something, work for it.' We wanted things, but there was not much work available for 9-year old boys."

"Opportunities come and go. Being able to know when to make quick decisions is an important skill."
(This I really have to learn. Being with a very conservative father, in terms of tradition, values and in business, I have grown to be a very decisive person.)

"Most people want to change everyone else but themselves. Let me tell you, it's easier to change yourself than everyone else."

"Assets put money in your pocket."

"If you find that you have dug yourself into a hole, stop digging."

Nga pala, how much money do I really keep now? The answer... barya na lang ang natira. Hehe. Nagastos ko na kasi yung perang inipon ko all my college life para sa dSLR which I consider to be an investment. Asset, ika nga ni Robert Kiyosaki, the author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I, at least, think of it as one. Sana lang, it would really turn out to be an asset someday.

0 comments: