Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another 'love at first sight'

Mahirap ang buhay. Alam naman nating lahat ‘yon. Kaya as much as possible, we want to have the most value for the money we shell out. Sulit, in other words.

Gragraduate na ako, which I guess is synonymous with ‘begging for money on the streets.’ Lol. Pero the fact na graduating student na ako, this is my last chance na abusuhin ang kuryente ng eskwelahan ko, pati na ang internet na binabayaran ko, at ang mga libro sa library na pwede kong hiramin.

It became a task to me to borrow books from the library as a way to maximize the benefits I’ve paid for, especially now that I have this craving for books. Hindi naman kasi ako bookworm. I like reading novels, but I can’t say that I love doing it. =)

Sa kaatatan ko, dumaan na ako sa library a day before the school starts thinking na baka pwede nang manghiram kahit ‘term break’ pa rin. Napahiya ang lola mo, dahil obviously, hindi pa pwede. Kaya kahapon na lang ako nagpunta ng library, since kahapon lang ako naging free from OJT.

I searched for Rich Dad, Poor Dad through the OPAC, a computer system that enables you to check if books are available, or out, or reserved, or lost. Unfortunately, wala siya. As in, lost. So I tried to look for a nice book from the shelves. Kahit ano na, basta medyo maganda. But I didn’t have the instincts na nagsasabing, “Ah maganda itong book na ito.” Kaya I decided to just leave the library and maybe just come back after two to three if the librarians are able to find the lost Rich Dad, Poor Dad book already. But by the door of the circulation section of the library, merong maliit na de-ikot na shelf for fiction books. Doon na lang ako pumili. I saw Dean Koontz’s book first. I took it, pero hindi ko masyadong nagustuhan yung plot. Tapos tumingin ako ulit ng iba, meron ulit Dean Koontz. So I got this feeling na sikat siya, given that most of his books are being displayed by the door of that particular section of the library.

I got ‘Life Expectancy.’ And I just finished reading its first chapter. Maganda siya. And I could agree sa mga ‘ editorial comments’ na nakalagay sa cover ng book. Sa few pages na nabasa ko, I could say na the book has humor and suspense, just the things I like.

Let’s just see if I become a fan of Dean Koontz. =)

0 comments: