Sunday, October 5, 2008

Books on my shelf


I was just checking and updating my Shelfari account when my eyes laid on one of the books on my shelf, Baby Farm. I was second year high school when I read this book. So it's more or less 6 six years ago.

I could not really remember the ending of the book. Haha. Well, I don't really remember the ending of most books I've read. What I remember on this book was that babies and pregnant ladies are being kidnapped for some reason I already forgot.

This I guess is one of the first few suspense novels I've read. I really loved it. I remember that I could not really put down the book even if it was already late. I just wanted to know what would happen next.

What made me try to read the book? Well, it was actually for a book report for my English subject. And my teacher suggested that we could choose from the books donated the previous year so that we don't have to buy from bookstores.

Yes, the book's one of those donated. It was actually donated by my classmate. She was even shocked to hear that I loved the book, because she just bought it from a book sale just to have something to donate.

Speaking of book sale, National Bookstore's having a book sale the past few days. It was just sad on my part that I didn't really go through the books on sale, 'cause I was really broke last week! I really don't know if they still have it. But it's okay... There's still next time! Let's start saving our money!

***

Anyway,

Book Update:


>>>Didn't finish Dean Koontz's Life Expectancy. I know I'm such a quitter. The book is a bit dragging and boring although it was funny. The book promised to discuss 5 major events that the main character will be experiencing. Well, I was halfway done already, yet the author hasn't finished telling the first event. So I gave up and just returned the book to the library.

>>>I'm reading Twilight now... You know, the one by Stephanie Meyer... The one everybody's talking about! I've heard of the book months and months ago, but I was just convinced last Saturday by my high school friends. Their wide eyes, dropped jaws and giggles just made want to read the book. :)

0 comments: