Sunday, February 8, 2009

The March

Of course, I used hairpins to solve my issue with my graduation cap. Hahaha.

~~~

The graduation, according to the blue paper I got from the accounting office after paying the application to graduate fee, was set to start at nine o'clock in the morning yesterday. I left my dorm in Taft Avenue before 8am thinking that it'll be traffic going to PICC. In the middle of the drive, I remembered something I should've remembered earlier. I left my sash, or that thing you put over the toga gown. Hahaha. So there, I asked the driver to drive back to dorm. I was still cool. But when I received the text from a friend who said that the march is going to start when it's still eight in the morning, I begun to panic and thought that I didn't read clearly the instructions.

While in the car, I tried to think that there's nothing left to do, but just to miss the march and go straight to my seat once I arrive. But honestly, part of me was still hoping I could still catch the march somehow. When I entered PICC, my eyes were desperately looking for someone, anyone in toga. There were few people in the lobby, but alas, there's at least one person in toga. I was not alone. Even if we're really late, at least I was not alone. Hahaha.

The good thing was... I didn't miss the march. Yeah! And I wasn't wrong that the graduation was really set to start at nine.

The graduation wasn't as boring as I expected. It wasn't as long as it should be. It ended an hour and a half earlier than the estimated end time of one o'clock in the afternoon. And people were able to feed their growling tummies an hour and a half earlier!

1 comments:

maychen said...

awww.... sayang i wasnt there... but this blog is really nice! coz i can feel it even though i didnt attend haha! :D thank you cai zhen ni! :D