Sunday, February 7, 2010

Solomon Guest House

My sister and I went to Solomon Guest House for lunch yesterday. Though it's my second time around, it felt like it was the first time.

I could not remember much on my first experience in Solomon other than the oh-so-delightful Tiramisu. So other than the fact that CSB students are the ones who cook your food, it's just the Tiramisu that's stuck in my head. Even the menu layout and content yesterday were new to me. That's when I started to get a hunch that the restaurant depends on whichever batch or group of students to do the business.

Yes, CSB students serving you from ordering up to the billing was something new to me. As what my sister described, she's like in a Jolly Kiddie land. Students running and manning the restaurant. Cool. To have an OJT or a course like that, it's really cool.

I don't really know much on how the HRIM course runs in College of St. Benilde. But I assume the cooks are Culinary students and the waitresses and waiters are Hospitality students.

About the experience yesterday... I am sorry to say that I was disappointed. And for a first-timer like my sister who expected a lot because of my Tiramisu testimonial, it was totally not a love. Sorry, but I have to say this... The Tiramisu we ordered yesterday was totally not like the Tiramisu I ordered the first time I went there.

Nevertheless, it could be a fun practice for Simon Cowell-like people to visit Solomon once in a while and judge every group assigned on that particular period.

0 comments: